Want to speed up development time? Rescue a legacy application? I can help with that.
With 14 years' coding experience (~6 professional), I'm a seasoned product guy. When you work with me, you can expect:
- Full-stack product. Whether you're looking for a specific frontend role or a general "discover and build my product" role, I can lend my T-shaped expertise to your project. I have particularly deep knowledge of the current frontend landscape, UX, and user testing.
- Judgment. I bring a mature-but-current perspective to your product, built up over 14 years of learning.
- Quality & speed. These are often a tradeoff, but with enough experience, you learn to get both at the same time.
- Communication. Great products are built in teams, and I have a lot of respect for streamlined communication and feedback.
I regularly write and maintain large codebases using React, Redux, object-oriented CSS, Rails, Django REST and Clojure. I also know my way around Linux and devops with Chef.
Interested in working together? Let's get in touch.
Let me help you with:
- ES6, React, Redux, Webpack, livereload
- Backbone, Backbone Marionette, Backbone Relational
- Django REST Framework
- Django Wagtail CMS
- Clojure, Ring, Compojure, HTTPKit, Korma
- Real-time, websockets, Redis Pub/Sub
- Test-driven development, Jasmine, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Rspec, Selenium
If you're looking for it, I also do UX work and user research. Send me a message to find out more.
- React applications. I use React to prototype and for production. I'm an expert in React, Redux, and functional programming. I can help you navigate the ecosystem or build out your next-generation application.
- Backbone applications. It's not as trendy as React, but Backbone can be really useful for integrating with server-rendered applications. I have lots of experience with Backbone, Marionette, and Relational.
Backend applications, new & old
- GraphQL. Facebook's GraphQL is the future of client-server interactions. If you're starting an API from scratch or just want to get ahead of the curve, this is a great option to consider.
- Elasticsearch. Elasticsearch is hugely valuable for both search and for building out recommendations systems.
- Chef. Chef makes devops infrastructure seamless, repeatable, and automated.
- Vagrant. Vagrant makes local development easy.